Saturday 11 October 2008

Saturday morning

Lostwithiel is in a valley and Fore street, where the shop is situated, leads down to the river. So when I step outside the door I can see hills when I look both up and down the street. This morning was a bright, sunny October morning and when I went out to get the paper I could see the hills were hazy with mist and birds had been busy rooting in the moss on The Ivy leaf's roof as the pavement past their house was littered with blobs of the stuff. Even in these uncertain economic times it still feel good to be running a business in Lostwithiel.

The shop this morning looks as if someone has given it a good shake, the detritus of 5 deliveries in two days was evident. And behind the counter had been Dilloned, the new push along flappy footed toy in the shape of a crow, (stocked because of the crows that nest down by the river,) was parked by the fax machine with the calculator, minus the paper roll that was unwound in a heap.

Unpacking new deliveries is like Christmas, and I get very excited when we get new things in, I have to stop myself sneaking stuff upstairs. The latest 'must have' bits include gadgets for the kitchen; the most amazing straining ladle, the best apple corer I have ever seen and a very smart stainless steel compost collector, with filter! Time to close now, the only sign of the sun now is on the roofs across the road so I want to see the last of it before it is gone.Add to Technorati Favorites

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: